The FRM designation is a professional certification offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). The designation is viewed as the globally recognized gold standard for risk professionals. Since its inception in 1997, the FRM designation has rapidly grown in popularity, with enrollment in the program increasing year after year, and exploding in the years following the global financial crisis of 2008.
The improper handling of potential market and credit risks in the early part of the 21st century led to a huge demand for qualified risk professionals who were able to define a firm’s risks clearly and accurately. Professionals holding the FRM designation are often viewed as some of the most qualified in the industry, which led to the enrollment boom.
In order to obtain the FRM designation, candidates are required to meet two key requirements:
- Successfully pass two separate FRM exams, and complete a minimum of two years of full-time work experience in the field of financial risk, or related areas.
- The work experience can be related to fields like portfolio management, industry research, trading, faculty academic and risk consulting.
- Since the FRM designation relates primarily to the field of finance, only finance-related vocations are considered as acceptable work experience.
A 100 question multiple choice exam, the FRM Exam Part I focuses on the tools used to assess financial risk: quantitative analysis, fundamental risk management concepts, financial markets and products, and valuation and risk models. Part I is always offered in the morning and must be completed in four hours or less.
|Foundations of Risk Management||20%|
|Financial Markets and Products||30%|
|Valuation and Risk Models||30%|
|Time Limit||4 hours (8am to 12noon)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Exam Date(s):||May and November|
|Exam Results:||Usually provided within 60 days|
|Official Exam Website:||http://www.garp.org/frm/|
Scoring & Results
There are no penalties for wrong answers. Passing scores are determined by the FRM Committee. Exam results are pass/fail and are emailed approximately six weeks after the exam. Candidates will receive quartile results comparing their performance to other candidates.
- Lectures: 200 – 220
- Duration: ~350hours
- Language: Hindi-English Mix
- System Requirement: Windows 8.1 & above -4GB RAM -Graphics Card Integrated or Dedicated -AMD Ryzen supported – Android 7.0 & beyond Mobile & Tablet supported – Bluetooth headphone allowed for mobile, tablet or laptop
- Does Not Support: Desktop not allowed – IOS & Apple device not available currently in any mode and device
- No. of Book: Total 4 Book
- Important Information: Once installed on a particular mobile or tablet, the same cannot be used on a different android device. Simultaneous login on both Android App and Laptop is not permitted. Machine on which the application is installed once cannot be changed.
- Renewal Policy: In order to renew your classes for the first time you need to pay INR 5000 and your classes will be extended for the next term.With regards to views you will get 50 percent views or remaining views whichever is higher. Please note if any additional books will be provided additional charges will be applicable.
- Platform: Hard Disk is only for Laptop Application.
There are no reviews yet.