FRM EXAM PART 1
The FRM designation is a professional certification offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). The designation is viewed as the globally recognized gold standard for risk professionals. Since its inception in 1997, the FRM designation has rapidly grown in popularity, with enrollment in the program increasing year after year, and exploding in the years following the global financial crisis of 2008.
The improper handling of potential market and credit risks in the early part of the 21st century led to a huge demand for qualified risk professionals who were able to define a firm’s risks clearly and accurately. Professionals holding the FRM designation are often viewed as some of the most qualified in the industry, which led to the enrollment boom.
In order to obtain the FRM designation, candidates are required to meet two key requirements:
Successfully pass two separate FRM exams, and complete a minimum of two years of full-time work experience in the field of financial risk, or related areas.
The work experience can be related to fields like portfolio management, industry research, trading, faculty academic and risk consulting.
Since the FRM designation relates primarily to the field of finance, only finance-related vocations are considered as acceptable work experience.
A 100 question multiple choice exam, the FRM Part 1 Exam focuses on the tools used to assess financial risk: quantitative analysis, fundamental risk management concepts, financial markets and products, and valuation and risk models. FRM Part I is always offered in the morning and must be completed in four hours or less. FRM Part 1 Videos and FRM Part 1 Online classes are also provided.
|Exam Time||4 hours (8am to 12noon)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Exam Format||Multiple Choice|
|Exam Date(s):||May and November|
|Exam Results:||Usually provided within 60 days|
|Official Exam Website:||http://www.garp.org/frm/|
|TOPIC AREA||PART I|
|Foundations of Risk Management||20%|
|Financial Markets and Products||30%|
|Valuation and Risk Models||30%|
FRM Part 1 Platinum Package Includes
- Concept training videos
- Review Classes
- 1 Full mock test
- 1 mock test for each topic i.e. Foundations, Financial Markets & Products, Quantitative Methods, Valuation & Risk Models
- Spreadsheet based applicative learning wherever necessary
Starting from 16th June’22
Tentative Days for LIVE Classes: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Timing: 11 AM to 1 PM
Expected completion date 31st August 2023 End.
NOTE: Schedule above change depending upon the faculty. In addition to the schedule above some more incremental classes will be offered as part of the training module. These incremental classes will not be in LIVE mode.
- Duration :~425
- Deliverables :Live online Lectures, Handwritten Notes, Spreadsheets, Question Solving, Review Classes, Building Blocks
- System Requirement :Windows 8.1 & above -4GB RAM -Graphics Card Integrated or Dedicated -AMD Ryzen supported – Android 7.0 & beyond Mobile & Tablet supported – Bluetooth headphone allowed for mobile, tablet or laptop
- Does Not Support :Desktop not allowed – IOS & Apple device not available currently in any mode and device
- Important Information :Once installed on a particular mobile or tablet, the same cannot be used on a different android device. Simultaneous login on both Android App and Laptop is not permitted. Machine on which the application is installed once cannot be changed.